A Message from TAHC Regarding COVID-19
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, we wanted to touch base to provide a few resources and talking points revolving around COVID-19 and animal health. We encourage you to join us in echoing the animal health messages provided by the CDC and AVMA.
COVID-19 Animal Health Information
To date, the CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19. There is no evidence pets can spread COVID-19 and with the knowledge we have received from the CDC, there is no reason to think that any animals in the U.S. might be a source of infection with this new coronavirus. For additional information and facts please visit the following websites:
- CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/
- AVMA Website: https://www.avma.org/
- TAHC COVID-19 Website: https://www.tahc.texas.gov/
- TAHC is monitoring the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and we are in constant contact with federal, state and local health officials.
- TAHC is supporting the lead agency (DSHS) by sharing their messaging. As guided by our federal (USDA) and state (DSHS) partners, we are sharing animal messaging provided by the CDC & AVMA.
- TAHC continues to provide regular services to all livestock and poultry producers. TAHC Central and Regional Offices are currently operating under telework and staggered skeleton crew shifts.